Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My experience

I first read the Harry Potter book series way back in college. Actually, I just borrowed it from a friend (Hi, Lordy). She's also the person who introduced me to this book series. And I as a book lover, it is so hard to stop when I started reading. 'Coz All i want is to finish the book right away. But it took me a week for every book to finish (i need to study also :p)....
At that time, i can't afford to buy this book for myself but once I have the means (money), I will surely buy all the books I loved, and I will start to collect books.
This book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was the first book I bought from my first salary... :-) Then afterward, the book 1-5 of Harry Potter.

Anyway....again, Rowling did a job well done in this Harry Potter series. In her last series which is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the actions is almost heart stopping but this series of Rowling is truly a heart stopping. Especially the death of Albus Dumbledore.

This book really captured my full attention and it was hard to stop.

This are my favorite parts in the book.

* The Half-Blood Prince book issue...I was really intrigued by the person behind the Half-Blood Prince. It crossed my mind that the owner of the book is a Dark wizard because of the dangerous spells and potions embedded in the book. But it didn't crossed my mind that it was Severus Snape. It's like, ows? the owner of the book is Snape?? and his a half-wizard and half-muggle...

* and wew, Harry used the most dangerous spell to Malfoy..(serves him right in trying to hurt Harry first)

* another one is the journey of Dumbledore and Harry through the Pensieve. Because this journey shows the past of Voldemort..How Voldemort turned into a powerful Dark wizard.

* and also Harry's romance..not toward Cho Chang but towards Ginny Wesley (Ron's sister). yes, at last he sees Ginny as a lady not a little sister. of course there's Ron and Hermione's romance...

* their encounter with third Horcruxes. The sacrifice Dumbledore made, results of him being weak..

* and last, the fight between the Death Eater and Dumledore (Hogwarts). While Harry in his invisibility cloak, Dumbledore face Draco. But because Draco can't kill Dumbledore (he has still conscience, to my surprise) Snape immediately take the responsibility of killing Dumbledore. Yes, in front of Harry, Snape kill Dumbledore.

After that scene, I really can't accept the fact that Dumbledore is dead. Is he really dead? I wish it was a only a joke, a trick. That after that, I will be surprised that Dumbledore is still alive. But I already finished the book without him being alive again.
So, I waited for the seventh or the last book to know my answer. And there in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, all the questions that is hanging in my mind was answered.
So grab the book and start reading..have fun!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always nice to see another HP fan!

Harry Yack said...

I'm not really a Harry Potter fan. Come to think of it, I'm not much of a book fan, though I claim to be. Don't much like novels, you see. Still, glad to hear you liked it :)

http://retroyakking.today.com

pcmemoirs said...

I wish I hadn't read your post, because now I found out that Dumbledore will die :)
I haven't read any of the books but I watched all movies, and HBP hasn't come out yet :)